Saturday, June 1, 2013

Butterfinger Cookies

There's a new treat in town (my little home-town, that is.)

I like a good warm cookie, but I would say that cookies, in general, don't temp me. I can pass up a cookie.  However, this one might just be the ONE...the one that does me in. I love it's peanut-y goodness and the delicious chunks of Butterfinger. When you open the container the nutty goodness greets you and the chewy cookie calls your name...at least mine.  Enjoy!

Butterfinger Cookies

Ingredients:

1/2 C butter, softened
3/4 C sugar
2/3 C packed brown sugar
2 egg whites
1 1/4 C chunky peanut butter
1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
1 C flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
5 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 oz each), chopped

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg whites; beat well. Blend in peanut butter and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in candy bars. Shape into 1 1/2 in. balls and place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool on wire racks.

Yields: 4 dozen
Recipe by: Taste of Home

So Yummy!

No comments: