Thursday, April 1, 2010

Butter-mint Shortbread

I'll have to admit that this recipe is NOT one of my favorites. I don't think my family is a shortbread kind of family. However, I thought that some of you might find this recipe to your liking so I wanted to still share it. It tasted good, but in small doses. It would be a great recipe to take to a tea where everyone could have a small portion. It had a refreshing element because of the mint, but the heaviness of the shortbread begged for some tea. If interested, give it a try and let me know your thoughts.

Butter-mint Shortbread

Ingredients:

1 C butter, softened
3/4 C powdered sugar
1/2 t. mint extract
1/2 t. vanilla extract
2 1/4 C flour
powdered sugar

1. Beat butter and 3/4 C powdered sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add extracts, beating until blended. Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until blended. Press dough into an ungreased 15 x 10 inch jelly-roll pan.

2. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut into squares; sprinkle with powdered sugar. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Serving: 3 dozen
Recipe Given By:
Southern Living

Obviously, my cutting skills are a little challenged. :)

No comments: