Monday, April 19, 2010

Russian Chicken

I participate in Project 365 where you take a picture every day for one year and share it with other bloggers. I post my project pictures every Sunday on my adlib blog.

I also go and check out other Project 365'ers and Rebecca Jo put up a recipe for Russian Chicken right as winter began to dig it's little icicles into the frozen ground (no bitterness, really.)

I made the recipe in February with Catalina dressing instead of RUSSIAN and it turned out well. However, I felt that I was doing the recipe/Rebecca Jo a disservice if I didn't give it a try with the correct ingredients so last week I made it with Russian dressing.

Oh my. So rich. So yummy. So easy!

This is now one of my husband's favorites; he can't seem to stay out of the leftovers.

Russian Chicken

Ingredients:

Chicken Breasts
Russian Salad Dressing (or Catalina)
Envelope of Onion Soup Mix
Can of Cranberries or Cranberry Sauce

Place chicken in crockpot. Combine salad dressing, onion soup packet and cranberry sauce. Pour over chicken. Cook for 4 hours.

Serve over white rice.
Recipe Given By: Blogger:
Rebecca Jo at Knit By God’s Hand

Hint: Rebecca Jo used a little more than half the bottle of dressing and the whole can of cranberry sauce. I don’t know how many breasts she cooked. I cooked 6 breasts with a whole bottle of dressing, 1 soup pkt, 1 can of cranberry sauce. Next time I will reduce the dressing or add another cranberry sauce. The sauce was a little thin, but tasty.

Thanks, Rebecca!

No comments: