Monday, March 16, 2009

Rice Pilaf

Rice Pilaf
Ingredients:

2 coils of vermicelli (about 1/3 box)

½ stick of butter/margarine
2 boxes Uncle Bens rice pilaf
1 can chicken broth
2-3 C water
1 chicken bouillon
fresh garlic crushed to taste (I use 1 clove)

seasoning packets from UB pilaf
parsley, optional

Melt butter and brown vermicelli in an electric skillet or deep fry pan. Add all other ingredients and let simmer covered, stirring occasionally for 20-25 min. After the water seems absorbed (about 10-12 minutes) I taste the rice and see if it's tender. If not, I add a little more water and continue to simmer. By doing it this way, I usually end up using 3 C of water.


Recipe Given By: My recipe based upon my friend, Regina's recipe

Hints: I use this as a side dish or in our tortillas when making fajitas.


No comments: