Friday, March 27, 2009

Sautéed Green Beans

These are the most amazing green beans I have ever eaten! My whole family loves them and half of us don't even like green beans. They are really good with pasta.

Sautéed Green Beans

Ingredients:
2 T. olive oil
6 strips of bacon or pancetta
Freshly ground black pepper
5-6 cloves garlic, sliced
2 T. basil pesto
Fresh green beans (@ 4 C)

Heat large pan of water to blanche the green beans for 3 minutes. When they are done, dry with paper towels. In a large frying pan add olive oil and bacon. (Heavily pepper bacon while it cooks to mimic pancetta.) When done cooking crisply, drain off all but 1 T. fat. Add the garlic and cook until just turning golden. Then add 2 squirts of basil pesto and the green beans. Combine all ingredients and cook down until beans start to wilt.

Serving: 6
Recipe Given By: our friend, Chef Daniel Roberts


Hints: I usually toss the pesto and green beans in at the same time as the garlic.

2 comments:

Little old me said...

Hey Angie! I made these green beans tonight along with some Ribeye steaks and some australian crash potatoes. The green beans were very yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I didn't have any pesto, but will add it the next time! :)

Angie said...

Yay! I'm glad you liked them-sounds like a delicious meal! Thanks for sharing and I hope you'll get to try it with the pesto sometime too!