Saturday, July 4, 2009

Baking Powder Biscuits

I'm not joking, that's truly the name of the recipe! I've got lots of baking powder experience. Ha! Would you believe me if I told you that I didn't recognize the name of this recipe until I came down to the computer this morning AFTER BAKING THEM.

They turned out delicious.

Baking Powder Biscuits

Ingredients:

2 C all-purpose flour
3 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 C shortening
1/4-1 C milk (I used 3/4 C)

Heat oven to 450 degrees. In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. With pastry blender or fork, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stirring with fork, add enough milk so mixture leaves sides of bowl and forms a soft, moist dough. On floured surface, toss dough lightly until no longer sticky. Roll or press dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 8-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.

Serves: 14 (I got 12)
Recipe Given From: Pillsbury Best Muffins & Quick Breads
Hint: In Pillsbury Best Muffins & Quick Breads there is also food processor directions and six variations on these biscuits from buttermilk to Southern-style.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I just ran across your blog. I have guests and this (biscuits & gravy) is what they will be served for breakfast.
Nice blog.
Kim