Sunday, June 6, 2010

Broccoli Casserole

This is a recipe from my childhood. It's quintessential comfort food. It makes a great side dish to almost any meat and you get a two-for-one deal with starch and vegetable combined. Kids love it because it's loaded with cheese. It's easy to make and I usually double it in a 9 x 13 pan.

Broccoli Casserole

Ingredients:

3 t. chopped onion
¼ C butter
(10 oz) box of frozen broccoli
1 can cream of celery soup
small jar cheese whiz
1 C minute rice, uncooked

Sauté the onion in the butter until tender. Add the frozen broccoli until thawed and then add the soup and cheese whiz and let melt down some. Add the uncooked rice and place in an 8x8 pan. Cook 30 min at 350 degrees.

Recipe Given By: Mom Underhill


1 comment:

Jewel said...

I loooove broccoli casserole and this looks to be a tad easier to fix than others I've tried, so I'm saving it! :-) Thanks, Angie!