Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sweet-Sour Pasta Salad

My husband and I enjoy this refreshing salad in the summertime. It has fresh flavors and a sweet-sour liquid that makes it a little addictive. My neighbor tried the recipe and loved it, but thought it could use less sugar. I thought I'd try a less sweet version myself sometime so if you give it a try and reduce the sugar let us know what you think of the dish!

Sweet-Sour Pasta Salad

Ingredients:

1 pkg (16 oz) tricolor spiral pasta
1 med red onion, chopped
1 med tomato, chopped
1 med cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 med green pepper, chopped
2 T minced fresh parsley (Never dried!!)

DRESSING:
1 ½ C sugar
½ C vinegar
1 T ground mustard
1 t salt, optional
1 t garlic powder

Cook pasta according to pkg directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large serving bowl. Add the onion, tomato, cucumber, green pepper and parsley; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the dressing ingredients. Cook over med-low heat for 10 min or until sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.

Serving: 16
Recipe Given By:
Taste of Home A/M 2000 p. 32

No comments: